Duration of Full Qualification Course:
ONLINE – study at your own pace – requires up to 15 hours. INCLUDES the new module Weather Sealing Safely with Gas Appliances.Students with prior experience are likely to complete the course in a shorter time period
Ask us for a Course Outline for more details
5 Online multiple choice assessments with instant marking
3 Practicals – Online or Face to Face
$299 for ONLINE option (no gst applies)
Additional $85 if you wish to do your Practical Training via face-to-face
Weather Sealing module only – $75 + gst
I don’t have any experience in this field – can I still do this course?
YES! – your online learning materials include all you need to know to pass this course*. You can practice your practical skills until you are ready to submit your practical assessments
*source materials required for practical assessments from your VEU Scheme employer or purchase at additional cost
What time does the course start and finish?
Complete your ONLINE studies at any time!
If you decide to attend face-to-face practical training, you will attend a 2-hr session 9am-11pm at our training centre at Knoxfield VIC or Torrensville SA – check the course calendar for dates.
How is the course delivered?
Three training options – online only, online + face to face practical or RPL – see main page for details
How long will training and assessment take?
Total study time up to 15 hrs – but students who have experience working in the VEU/REES scheme will be able to complete the course in a much shorter timeframe. Students have one month to complete all of their training requirements.
When is payment required?
$275 course fee is required BEFORE the course commences.
If you wish to attend face-to-face practical training, we will advise you of dates and invoice you an additional $75
Course – CPD only – mandated by Essential Services Commission Vic
Weather Sealing Safely with Gas Appliances – CPD Course for VEU Installers
Green Business Audit & Training is the only training organisation approved to deliver the extra new mandatory training module called Weather Sealing Safely for Gas Appliances announced by Essential Services Commission Victoria on 22.05.23.
See this announcement on the ESC website under Changes to Weather Sealing Activities – New Training Requirements
Accredited Retrofit Installers working in the Victorian Energy Upgrades program need to complete our Continuing Professional Development module before 31.07.23 to be able to install weather sealing products under the VEU Scheme after that date.
Installers who need to complete this training module include:
- Installers who have completed the VU23076 unit (or previous equivalent VU units: VU21858 and VU21859)
- Licensed electricians, registered builders and licensed plumbers (except those licensed to undertake gas fitting work, Type A appliance conversion work and/or Type A appliance servicing). If you fall in this category, you’ll need to do this module only – you don’t need to do the full Retrofitting course (unit VU23076) that is outlined below
The course fee is $75 + gst – payable at the time of enrolment (you will be prompted to pay whilst filling out our online enrolment form)
Once your enrolment and payment are received, you’ll receive an email on how to log into our online learning system and commence your course.
This course is “non-accredited” – i.e doesn’t result in a national qualification. You’ll receive a Certificate of Completion via email within 48 business hours after you pass.
If you have NOT YET completed the course VU23076 Retrofit to improve energy and water efficiency (or prior to 31.03.2021 the previous version of the course with units VU21858 and VU21859), please enrol in the full qualification course below.
Course – Full Qualification
VU23076 Retrofit to improve energy and water efficiency
This course covers the mandatory training* the Victorian Essential Services Commission’s VEU scheme requires you to complete in order to install low flow shower heads, weather sealing products and other products. It is suitable for the SA REPS scheme also.
* ESC VIC requires Installers to also have completed the separate course Work safely at heights in order to install various products (excluding showerheads). No such requirement exists for installers in SA. This requires a separate 1 day course of study and is not included in the Retrofit Course.
This Course covers the qualification 22572VIC Course in Retrofitting for energy and water efficiency and involves one unit of study:
VU23076 Retrofit to improve energy and water efficiency
- How people use and waste energy and water in their homes and ways to reduce this
- How to communicate the benefit of retrofitting a home to your customers
- A range of key VEU/REPS scheme rules and guidelines
- Procedures for working safely as a Retrofitter
- How to install home energy and water saving devices including:–
- Low flow showerheads
- Weather sealing such as chimney seals, door seals, window seals and fan extractor covers
- CFL light globes
- This course INCLUDES the mandatory CPD module on Weather Sealing Safely with Gas Appliances at no extra cost! Green Business Audit & Training is the only ESC-approved provider of this course – see their announcement on the ESC website under Changes to Weather Sealing Activities – New Training Requirements
Decide which study option is right for you:
Option A – Online Theory and Practical – $299 (+ extra for practical materials# if needed)
Option B – Online Theory, Face to Face Practical – $299 plus $85 for practical
Option C – Recognition of Prior Learning – $299 (plus optional $85 practical assessment)
# you can source from your VEU Scheme employer or purchase at additional cost
Contact us for a full Course Outline including all your study requirements
How to register:
Select the ONLINE Retrofitting course below and complete the online registration and we will send you an enrolment pack including and enrolment form and invoice. Once we receive your form and payment and we accept you into the course, we will send you a welcome email so you can login to our online system and get started on your studies.
Contact us to discuss your training needs, including group training.