Up to 5 Days face to face
combined with self-directed study
No specific prerequisites, year 10 level of English and Maths required.
Written Questions and Practicals
Up to $1850 (no gst applies)
What time does the course start and finish?
Starts 8.30 sharp. Finishes 4.30 pm each day.
How is the course delivered?
Face to face sessions x 5 days, plus self directed learning and completion of assessment.
How long will training and assessment take?
All training and some assessment activities are completed during training.
Remaining assessments are completed in your own time, within 4 weeks of completing attendance.
When is payment required?
Payment is required before the course commences.
Gain potential employment as a:
• Home Energy Auditor – in the Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES)
• Home Energy Assessor – working as an independent advisor
This course is also suitable for:
• Community Service Workers – advising residents on reducing energy bills
• Trades (hot water, air con, insulation, solar PV), Interior Designers, Home Renovators
This course teaches you how to:
- interpret energy bills
- review a home’s energy footprint
- assess and advise on easy ways to make the house more comfortable in summer and winter
- reduce energy usage and save on energy costs in the home
- provide a professional home energy assessment and report to clients
This course covers mandatory training required to be a Home Energy Auditor in the REES Scheme.
A full course outline for the three units in this course is available on request. A further nine units are required to complete CPPP44110 Cert IV Home Sustainability Assessment qualification (full qualification not available through us)
Award: Statement of Attainment for the units you complete successfully
CPPHSA4001A Assess household energy use *
CPPHSA4005A Minimise health, safety and security risks when assessing home sustainability *
CPPHSA4007A Promote adoption of home sustainability practices by residents
Up to 5 days face to face combined with self-directed study. * Completion of these units is the minimum required for work as a REES Home Energy Auditor
Choosing a training or education provider:
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) has developed a fact sheet to allow you to be fully informed about your decision to enrol in a course of study. We recommend reading this information prior to enrolling.
It’s available by clicking here.
How to register:
This course is offered when we have enough student interest. Contact us to discuss your training needs. We will contact you with full course information and an enrolment pack.