2 Days face to face – total 15 hours
1 Day + RPL if you meet RPL criteria
Written Questions and Practicals
$380 (no gst applies)
I don’t have any experience in this field – can I still do the one-day course?
No – you need to enrol in a two-day course – total 15 hours of study
Students who have experience working in the VEU/REES scheme can apply for RPL and complete a 1-day course provided evidence of RPL is satisfactory and meets requirements.
What time does the course start and finish?
8am sign up, starts 8.30 sharp. Finishes 4.30 pm.
How is the course delivered?
Face to face sessions only.
How long will training and assessment take?
All training and assessment activities are completed on training day.
When is payment required?
Payment is required before the course commences.
This course covers the mandatory training* the Victorian Essential Services Commission’s VEU scheme requires you to complete in order to install low flow shower heads, draft proofing, chimney balloons, window products, and reflector lamps . It is suitable for the SA REPS scheme also.
* ESC VIC requires Installers to also have completed Work safely at heights training in order to install various products )(excluding showerheads). No such requirement exists for installers in SA. This requires a separate 1 day course of study
* As of 12 Feb 2019, the VEU scheme requires that all lighting products must be installed by a licensed Electrician
This Course covers the qualification 22572VIC Course in Retrofitting for energy and water efficiency and involves one unit of study:
VU23076 Retrofit to improve energy and water efficiency
- How people use and waste energy and water in their homes and ways to reduce this
- How to communicate the benefit of retrofitting a home
- A range of VEU/REPS scheme rules and guidelines
- Procedures for working safely as an Installer
- How to install home energy and water saving devices including theory and practical on:–
– Low flow showerheads
– Draft proofing such as chimneys
– CFL light globes
Decide if this course is right for you:
The 2-day course with additional self directed study is designed for students with no prior experience in retrofitting energy and water efficiency products
The 1-day course is specially designed for installers who already have experience working in VEU/REES schemes. You will need to apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) by providing us with a “Supervisor/ Third Party Form” (see downloads) signed by your supervisor confirming your existing skills and knowledge. We will assess your prior learning on registration for enrolment on training day – if you do not have enough prior learning to complete this course, you will need to enrol in the 2-day course – please contact us for details.
How to register:
Select your course date below and complete the online form and we will send you an enrolment pack, or contact us to discuss your training needs, including group training.