2 Days face to face combined with self-directed study
1 Day + RPL if you meet RPL criteria
Written Questions and Practicals
$380 (no gst applies)
I don’t have any experience in this field – can I still do the one-day course?
No – you need to enrol in a two-day course plus completed self-directed study.
Students who have experience in VEET/REES scheme installs can apply for RPL and complete a 1-day course provided evidence of RPL is satisfactory and meets requirements.
What time does the course start and finish?
8am sign up, starts 8.30 sharp. Finishes 4.30 pm.
How is the course delivered?
Face to face sessions only.
How long will training and assessment take?
All training and assessment activities are completed on training day.
When is payment required?
Payment is required before the course commences.
This course covers the mandatory training* the Victorian Essential Services Commission’s VEET/VEU scheme requires you to complete in order to install low flow shower heads, draft proofing, chimney balloons, window products, and reflector lamps . It is suitable for the SA REES scheme also.
* ESC VIC requires Installers to also have completed Work safely at heights training in order to install various products. No such requirement exists for installers in SA. This requires a separate 1 day course of study
* As of 12 Feb 2019, the VEET/ VEU scheme requires that all lighting products must be installed by a licensed Electrician
This Course involves two units of study:
VU21858 Minimise health and safety risk when retrofitting for energy and water efficiency: Nominal 6 hrs
VU21859 Undertake retrofitting to improve energy and water efficiency: Nominal 24 hrs
- How people use and waste energy and water in their homes and ways to reduce use
- A range of VEET/REES scheme rules and guidelines
- Procedures for working safely as an Installer
- How to install home energy and water saving devices including theory and practical on:–
– Low flow showerheads
– Draft proofing including chimney balloons
– Standby power boards (SPC’s)
– CFL light globes
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to minimise health and safety risks to self, other people, property and the environment while retrofitting homes for energy and water efficiency
This unit describes the outcomes required for people undertaking retrofitting in homes to reduce energy and water consumption and to create a more comfortable living environment.
Decide if this course is right for you:
The 2-day course with additional self directed study is designed for students with no prior experience in retrofitting energy and water efficiency products
The 1-day course is specially designed for installers who already have experience working in VEET/VEU/REES schemes. You will need to apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) by providing us with a “Supervisor/ Third Party Form” (see downloads) signed by your supervisor confirming your existing skills and knowledge. We will assess your prior learning on registration for enrolment on training day – if you do not have enough prior learning to complete this course, you will need to enrol in the 2-day course – please contact us for details.
How to register:
Read the Course Outline here then select your course date below, or contact us to discuss your training needs, including group training.